Lock down for equestrians? Don't waste the opportunity to prep!
With no shows to keep us busy and limited access to fun new activities, we have curated a list of 10 equine related tasks you can complete while maintaining social distancing! We have also added our favorite how-to videos from various creators, to give you a hand!
1) Learn to plait the perfect mane and tail: as let’s face it we never have time to polish our skill the morning of an event! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=417gIsEJdOg
2) Perfect the quatermarks, or create a new design: there is no better time to try the new pattern you’ve been dreaming of for years!
Who better to teach you then Alan, the king: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcjZhRfrjr8
3) Tidy and organize your plaiting/grooming box: 10 year old baby oil is probably not an essential anymore!
One like this, please... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHONI3_SsIs
4) Learn to mend your own rugs.
5) Clean all paddock water troughs: a job that is incredibly important and often forgotten about!
6) Super-organise your float and tack room: make a box for all of the forgotten odds, or create a basket specifically for those number holders that always run away comp morning!
Well this is goals! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeiWIJm9byE&t=1265s
7) Perfect your horse’s diet: if you have been thinking of changing, now is a great time to slowly incorporate that change with no events on the horizon.
FeedXL is an industry leading nutrition calculator: https://feedxl.com/
8) Organise your stable whiteboard- an organised whiteboard makes everything more efficient, use the time now to make yours perfect. Top tip: use black tape for the lines!
9) Spring clean the stables- you probably won’t want to de-cobweb when all is up and running again, so get to it now! Maybe even create a tik tok to motivate you, people love watching them!
Cleaning tik tok goals: https://www.tiktok.com/@this_esme/video/6805965288014744837