We have compiled a list of some of our ‘must-haves’ for every float/trailer, to help you pack so you can enjoy your journey without any stress!
- Most importantly, an up to date float service, including bearing, break and floor checks!
- Trailer jacks for flat ground if you have to unhook- 2 bricks suffice as well.
- Spare Tire and appropriate tools/jack, roadside flares if needed.
- Tow Ball Lock.
- Minimum of 2 battery-powered lights, in case you find yourself working in the dark with no power!
- Spare water and buckets, for people and horses.
- Equine (and additional human) first aid kit, which includes at a minimum poultices, bandages, thermometers, saline, stethoscope, pen and paper with vets on-call phone number, a flashlight, electrolytes, drink up or equivalent, clean towel, bucket and scissors.
- Spare halter and lead.
- Spare waterproof rug for your horse.
- Spare sleeping bag/blanket for people.
- Portable yards are great to take with you if you can, especially if you find yourself on the side of the road in a breakdown.
- Extra hay, if you think you have enough, take a little more!
- Emergency Contact List in your float, if you can stick it somewhere people can see this is even better.
- Hay bags
- Poo Scooper
- Foldable Chairs
- Equine Eye